Nut Butter Cookies
- Simple and tasty too!
- 1 cup nut butter (sesame, walnut, almond, etc.)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups flour (buckwheat, rice, soy, arrow root, etc.)
- or nut meal: (sesame, walnut, filbert, almond, etc.
- Yield 2-1/2 Dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix nut butter, sweetener and oil together until smooth.
Add flavoring and salt and blend again. Add flour or starch a little at a time and mix well.
- Note: Use a wooden spoon, or better yet, mix with your hands; do not use an electric mixer!
- Roll dough into balls, place on oiled cookie sheet, flatten with a fork. Or form into 2″ thick rolls on waxed paper. Roll up, chill and slice 1/2″ thick.
- Bake about 12 minutes. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Uncooked dough keeps well in refrigerator. Bake as needed. Freezes nicely also.